Nov 03, 2019
6:00 am - 11:00 am
6th Avenue and Palm Street San Diego, California 92103
Susan G. Komen® San Diego Race for the Cure
The Walk to End Breast Cancer
Sunday, November 3, 2019
6:00 a.m. | Balboa Park
In San Diego, six women a day are diagnosed with breast cancer and unfortunately one woman a day passes away from this disease.
Early detection and effective treatment provide the best chance of survival from breast cancer. And that’s what our work at Susan G. Komen San Diego is all about.
We are the only organization that studies San Diego County to identify the gaps in breast cancer care and the barriers to breast health access. Komen San Diego’s work is about removing barriers, improving the law, changing systems, and most importantly, elevating the women and men directly impacted by breast cancer.
When you walk, you make it possible for Komen San Diego to provide:
– Free mammograms, biopsies, ultrasounds, care coordination, education and financial assistance for breast cancer patients’ most critical needs during treatment.
– Komen San Diego also has a robust public policy and advocacy arm to assure healthcare access and equity.
– Lastly, Susan G. Komen is the largest nonprofit funder of breast cancer research outside of the U.S. government. Much of that investment has been awarded to researchers in San Diego, and nearly 40 percent of our research investment is focused on metastatic disease.
We Live Here. We Walk Here. We Save Lives Here.
Questions? Please contact our Race Team, In Motion, at (760) 692-2900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Little Italy's Annual State of the Neighborhood - Sep 26, 2019 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Creativity - Wood - Beer - Timber & Ales 3.0 - Sep 27, 2019 - 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- 2019 North San Diego Latino Book & Family Festival - Sep 28, 2019 - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Enjoya La Jolla - Oct 01, 2019 - Oct 02, 2019 - 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 43rd Orchids & Onions Awards Ceremony - Oct 03, 2019 - 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Susan G. Komen San Diego Northgate Gonzalez Market Health Fair - Oct 04, 2019 - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Susan G. Komen San Diego We Will Survive Community Resource & Health Fair - Oct 19, 2019 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The 6th Annual Comida ¡EXPO! - Oct 26, 2019 - Oct 27, 2019 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- The 19th Annual Row (Paddle, Kayak, SUP) for the Cure - Oct 27, 2019 - 7:00 am - 11:00 am
- Enjoya La Jolla - Nov 01, 2019 - Nov 02, 2019 - 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Susan G. Komen® San Diego Race for the Cure - The Walk to End Breast Cancer - Nov 03, 2019 - 6:00 am - 11:00 am
- Enjoya La Jolla - Dec 01, 2019 - Dec 02, 2019 - 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Del Mar Gem Faire - Jan 10, 2020 - Jan 12, 2020 - All Day
- Del Mar Gem Faire - Mar 06, 2020 - Mar 08, 2020 - All Day