Jan 31, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
1717 Morena Blvd San Diego, CA 92110
SAN DIEGO – Daniel Jackson Music Week is an annual celebration honoring jazz and La Jolla born jazz master, Daniel Jackson, as part of a declaration by former City Council Member, Donna Fry a decade ago. Musicians lend their unique talents and compositions in concert, many of them played alongside this local legend, to remember and acknowledge his contribution to this dynamic art form.
Jackson was a world-renowned saxophonist in legendary bands such as Ray Charles and Buddy Rich and his music touched the lives of many generations of musician here and abroad. Some of the most notable were saxophonist Hollis Gentry III and keyboardist Carl Evans, Jr. of the San Diego pop-jazz band Fattburger who he mentored and inspired.
Marshall Hawkins and Dave Millard are key players in the annual “Tribute to Daniel Jackson” and perform a special commemorative selection in his honor at the lively Friday evening gathering. Other performers include a new generation of musical millennials from the Idyllwild Arts Academy Jazz Program, the Young Lions Jazz Conservatory and noted artist such as Marshal Hawkins, Bob Boss, Dave Millard & Friends, Gilbert Castellanos and pianist, Mikan Zlatkovich, along with ensemble groups from Southern California music academies and conservatories. Admission is $20 for adults and $15 for children.
- Timber & Ales - Feb 21, 2020 - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- South Bay Earth Day - Apr 04, 2020 - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- La Jolla Concours d\'Elegance - Apr 17, 2020 - Apr 19, 2020 - All Day
- San Diego Gem Faire - Apr 24, 2020 - Apr 26, 2020 - All Day
- Fiesta Old Town Cinco de Mayo - May 02, 2020 - May 03, 2020 - 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- San Diego Gem Faire - Jun 19, 2020 - Jun 21, 2020 - All Day